Welcome to my new e-course, Snow Day 101.
It’s really quite simple. Here are the main points:
- Stay in your jammies all morning.
- When you can’t stand it anymore, hastily dress for going out and play hard in the fresh powder, preferably while it’s still falling.
- Be sure to laugh at yourself when you sink into the snow up to your thighs and can’t get out, even though you’re wearing snowshoes.
- Come in when you’re famished and bake cookies. This is very nearly the most important point.
- In fact, it would be the most important point except for this: bake these cookies. Why? Because there are more chocolate chips in this recipe than flour (I used sprouted millet and they worked up perfectly fine), you don’t need to remember to soften the butter and they bake up with a satisfyingly crisp outside with a chewy middle.
- Oh, and this one: use an ice cream scoop to drop the dough onto the parchment. I am now converted.
- Celebrate that we are half-way there (Spring, Spring, Spring!) with a feast and don’t forget your table manners.
I’m not sure this course needs to evolve beyond the main points, so I’ll leave it at that and hope you found some valuable information.
In other news, the fabulously crafty Molly of A Foothill Home Companion is graciously holding a giveaway for new contributors to The Spun Monkey Dyeworks and Lounge on Kickstarter. Check out her post and, when you pledge, contact Molly and you will be entered to win a sweet Mini Hearts Crochet Garland!
Let me show you how sweet these garlands are (picture stolen from Molly’s Etsy shop):